Saturday, November 1, 2008

Model Making is my gift


Today I was admiring the work I have done over the past couple of years in architecture studio and I have noticed that I have a skill in making models. I believe it is a craft that can be done very well if the proper amount of time is given to it. Believe me I know. I once spent about 3 days on my model for my fable project ( darn you curtain walls). However, capturing as much detail as possible when given a specific scale is something that I love to do. The bigger the model, the more detail. the smaller the model, the most detail I can put in as possible. Here is a picture of the post office in Newport News. We had to model the site that we were working on and I was given the opportunity to model the post office. Here is the final product of my model. I also realized that models help me visually when making my design. By doing a model first it can help craft that floor plan and sections that a designer needs. I believe Frank Gerhy had a similar method in designing. It makes design interesting in a way I would have never thought of. Thanks Peronnet! Haha

No comments: