Thursday, November 6, 2008

Architectually Stuck! Complexity or No Complexity??

So we have gotten our final projects in Studio and I was trying to come up with a design for my building. A DESIGN!!!!!! That shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world. I start my design process first with models....models....and more models. Not as much as others though; however, I me modeling a design. Not so good at all. I have become stuck with the idea that I need to make my design so complex and different. My designs for other projects in the past were good! People loved them....well I loved them...and my designs explained my concepts very well. However, I was no pondering does it depend on the design??? Meaning, does the design have to have that complexity in order to make it appealing and well conceived or can a design still be simple. I was trying to try something complex and different; however, it just seems like my complex ideas aren't coming together like I want them to. I know I am a box man. Things that I design are kind of....square..and I know that and I was trying to explore something different. I need to know how!!!! I need help!!!! tear........Should I be complex Isiah or should I just stick with what I know?

1 comment:

JRS said...

"Less is more" (Mies)